100 Black Men of America, Inc. coming to the Central Valley.
This is the fifth and most crucial meeting to date!!!
When: Saturday, January 14
Time: 9 a.m – 12 p.m. (noon)
Delroy's Deli (click for Google map)
3305 Fyffe Avenue in Stockton
(on Rough and Ready Island, Stockton)
From: Dr. Keith Orlando Hilton, editor, the CV (Coast & Valley) Drum News -- (209) 403-6356 – my cell number
William Lattimore -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Arthur Jenkins III -- email@example.com
George Austin -- firstname.lastname@example.org
At this meeting we will finalize the following items:
1) $180 first-time membership fee (agreed on at the November meeting, and due February 7th)
2) Please print out, complete and bring the attached application form to the meeting
3) Review the specific timelines & expectations from the national office
4) Your bios (please use the Bay Area member bios as your examples)
5) Discuss how to incorporate the organization as a non-profit
6) Determine meeting dates for the remainder of the year
7) Discuss community support letters for the organization
8) We will choose committee assignments
This chapter of the 100 Black Men of America, Inc., when approved, will be called:
Nor Cal Central Valley 100 Black Men of America, Inc. (NCCV 100)
It will cover the counties of:
San Joaquin (Stockton, Tracy, Manteca, etc.)
Stanislaus (Modesto, Ceres, Patterson, etc.)
Merced (Atwater, Merced, Los Banos, etc.)
North Valley (Redding, Chico, Oroville, etc.)
We are doing this the right way by also again having the event at a black establishment (Delroy's). We are asking the men
(and their guests) to purchase their meals at Delroy's on Saturday (as a way of also saying thank you to him).
This will be a working brunch meeting (9 - noon).
We are expecting 25-30 men at this event, so please RSVP (email@example.com), so that we can do an accurate head count for this fifth historic gathering. As you know, 100 Black Men, Inc. is one of the most respected black organizations in the country and having a chapter in the Central Valley area (besides Sacramento) would be tremendous. Please spread the word and bring a friend or two.
We must have a minimum of 25 men in attendance or committed to move forward
Two phone numbers: (209) 463-3968 – Delroy's; (209) 403-6356 – CV Drum News
A few important links:
100 Black Men of America, Inc.
100 Black Men of Sacramento